Health & Safety and Senior Civils Manager
Director Business Operations
Julie has 14 years experience in internal communications and Public Relations. This includes the design and implementation of communication plans to a diverse audience group. She has delivered large, complex transformation programmes and change initiatives affecting 9000+ employees. She has delivered various employee events including large (500+ staff) road-shows and award ceremonies at various UK locations.
Julie has worked with UK and US Public Relations agencies to design and deliver strategic and tactical PR plans. Work included; managing relationships with industry analysts, developing media relations with IT UK trade press and US business press, developing a global speaker programme for C-level executives, sourcing and managing industry award submissions and working with Microsoft PR on a joint student challenge initiative which culminated in finals held in India.
The majority of Julie’s experience was gained whilst working for BT but since leaving in 2007, she has worked with a wide range of clients in the Construction, Utility, Financial Services and Pharmaceutical sectors. She has designed, written all content and implemented an employee recognition scheme for 10,000+ staff, sourced venues in Dubai and Marrakesh for a sales and marketing conference and incentive programme and also delivered a bespoke venue finding solution for a business and innovation training programme which involved 25-30 seminars throughout Europe.
Julie has a postgraduate certificate (PGCert) in marketing communications from Bournemouth University and is studying towards a Masters degree.
Financial Director, JCM Groundworks Ltd.
Michael has 20yrs + experience in financial services both in the UK and Europe , and has successfully led several start-up business’s ,managing marketing, sales, portfolio optimisation, credit risk and operations whilst retaining full responsible for P&L management.
Michael is responsible for the financial and business management of JCM Groundworks Ltd and leads his Accounts team from the JCM London office.
Michael also is the Principle, of Clear Financial Services Ltd, which he started up in 2000 and is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority . His qualified advisers arrangefinance ,related insurance and provide legal services such as wills & trusts for clients on UK residential, commercial and overseas properties.
Michael is married with three children. He loves spending time with his family and particularly enjoys watching and supporting his eldest son, play football and cricket. He is an avid fan of Liverpool FC and also enjoys watching his race-horses train and compete.
Health & Safety and Senior Civils Manager
Steve has 20+ years experience in project managing major groundwork programmes, from concept to delivery, for several large business clients. His clients have included; Scottish & Southern Energy,Scottish & Southern Energy Contracting, Pride, Car Phone Warehouse, Sainsbury, Unilever, Uxbridge Technical College, Kingston & Ealing Hospitals, Legoland Network Rail, John Guest, Kingston Technolgy, Hilton Hotel Group.
A sample of the major programmes he has been responsible for delivering;
- High Voltage (HV) Projects for ‘Pride in Partnership’ with Scottish & Southern Energy Contracting (SSEC)
- Major Defence Estate High Voltage Upgrade Projects – RAF Brize Norton, including directional drilling under runways, and taxiways in addition to excavations, cable laying and reinstatements.
- Atr Pirbright – including sub-station construction in addition to excavations, cable laying and reinstatements.
- Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE) HV & LV Overlay Projects in various locations in Oxford & Swindon
- Nemours High Voltage Customer Owned Projects for SSEC.
Qualifications: Association of CDM Co-ordinators 2007, CIEH – Health & Safety in the Work Place, IOSHH, NEBOSH Construction, CSCS, CPCS, Emergency First Aid at Work, SSE Sub-Station Authorisation, Radio Detection Ground Survey, Thames Water Construction Skills Passport, OSHCR Asbestos Awareness.
Steve is married with children. He is an avid Chelsea Football Club fan and attends ‘away’ fixtures both in the UK and abroad.
James has 20+ years experience in the construction industry, specialising in groundworks for the last 15 years. Head of Business Operations for JCM Groundworks Ltd from 2009 to date.
Responsible for the operational management and end to end delivery of the following key programmes of work;
- Construction of roads, paths, pedestrian crossings, re-configuration of roundabouts
- SSE HV & LV Overlay Projects at locations: Chippenham, Wantage and Swindon.
- Excavations and Reinstatements & cable pulling work for SSE depots.
- SSE Public lighting fault work covering Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey, Oxford and West London.
- Reinstatement works in car parks (up to 500 sq metres), kerb laying, slab laying, footpaths within the MOD Portsmouth dockyard.
- LV overhead renewable electrical contract with PES Powerteam with work including excavation of joint pits, excavation and reinstatement in verge, footway and carriageway in Oxford, Berkshire and Hampshire. Also, link up and duct work for 33kV electrical cables (350m) incorporating verge and carriageways in Basingstoke area.
- Re-instatement and civil works in schools in the Southampton area for Hampshire County Council.
- Car park repairs for property management companies in Portsmouth and Southampton.
- Private domestic work for customers requiring new patios, driveways, brickwork, fencing, garage conversions etc
Clients have included: Swindon Commercial Services (SCS) working in partnership with Swindon Borough Council, Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE), SSE Contracting (SSEC), PES Powerteam, Hampshire County Council, MOD Fleet Support Ltd, Carphone Warehouse, F&S Property Management, Ford Property Management, Baxter and King Construction, Honda Swindon, Midas Construction, Napier Car Parking.
Qualifications: NVQ level 3 in Occupational Work Supervision, CSCS.